RE: [FW1] VPN with FW-1 & FreeS/Wan

I remember a timeout similar to the one you're describing, but it wasn't
taking place at predictable intervals.  Consistent activitity across the
VPN would keep it up for days, but idle time anywhere from 5-15-25 minutes
would cause the symptoms you're experiencing.  Once activity resumed, it
took both endpoints a couple of seconds to resume the connection -- often
times, this exceeded the timeout value of the connection and it would be
dropped by the application.

I was using v1.8 with CP2000 SP2 with PFS and no Agressive Mode.

My experience was only in a lab -- I never could get it to run reliably
enough to place into production.  The bounce was handled manually.

-peter