RE: [FW1] GateD for OSPF on FW-1

Jason, Duke, and the rest of the extremely talented guys and gals,

Im not sure how GateD is setup for everyone else, but for me, it has been a
neverending nightmare... *sighs*
Im running FW-1 3.0b, Solaris 2.6 and Gated

Basically here is the skinny on the problem im having....

Users on a partner network were complaining that response was super slow,
and citrix sessions would take 5min to log on,
Checking the Firewall everything looked OK, however when I looked through
the /var/adm/messages file, it showed a message
similar to the following: SUNW:qfe0 Late Collision, and netstat -i 1 showed
lots and lots of errors.. so...
someone suggested it is a bad port on the quad, so i used a different port,
and it corrected the error messages.
But the problem was still there, so i suspected Gated, was acting up, it was
late at night, I needed to have service
restored ASAP, so i powered off that firewall(secondary), and traffic flowed
perfectly thorough the Primary.

What went wrong? Am I in the dreaded asyncronously routed position that
Jason Witty mentions?
How should that be remedied?

BTW- Has anyone successfully contacted the new organization that manages
Gated now? Ive tried and tried to contact
them with no success, *sheesh, you'd think they would want the business....*

Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated*Below is my .conf file,

---Fabian
OfficeHere is my gated.conf

--------------/etc/gated.conf------------------
#
# Public Release 3
#
# $Id: ospf,v 1.2 1997/07/17 22:39:31 chopps Exp $
#
#I use this configuration for testing RIP and OSPF.  In the RIP case I
#generate version 2 multicast packets on all Ethernet interfaces (this
#is a Sun IPC, Ethernet interfaces are named le0, le1...).  This is a
#safe way for me to test RIP the `production' gateways on this network
#do not support RIP version 2.
#
#In the OSPF case I test against several Proteon routers running OSPF.
#I've configured all interface to be priority 2 so the Proteon routers
#(which have are configured with priority 1) will become designated
#routers.  I also specify a simple password authentication of
#`YYYYYYYY' for all Ethernet interfaces (which is all this system has).
#
#Jeff

#options noinstall;

interfaces {
#	interface hme0 passive ;
	interface qfe0 passive ;
	interface qfe1 passive ;
#	interface qfe2 passive ;
} ;

autonomoussystem 150 ;

snmp off ;

rip off {
	broadcast ;
	defaultmetric 5 ;
	interface le version 2 multicast ;
} ;

ospf yes {
#	traceoptions lsabuild protocol;
#	traceoptions "gated.log" lsabuild all;
	monauthkey "XXXXXXXX" ;
	area 150{
		authtype simple ;
		interface all {
			priority 2 ;
		} ;
#		interface hme {
#			authkey "YYYYYYYY" ;
#		} ;
	} ;
};

static {
	default gateway x.x.x.1 preference 140 retain ;
#	10.0.0.0 gateway x.x.x.1 preference 140 retain;
} ;