RE: [FW1] Sonicwall VPN FYI - Sweet Cheap little VPN

Ian,

I use a $189 NetGear 314 dual ethernet router at home.  You can hook it
up to an external DSL or cable modem (such as the Alcatel 1000 Pac Bell
provides).  Has a built-in 4-port switch, does NAT, port forwarding,
nice brower-based or CLI interface, and can even get its public IP
address dynamically.  Not as full featured as a Cisco, but much
cheaper/easier and great for a home LAN.  Cisco does make a Pac Bell
(Alcatel DSLAM) compatible DSL router, the 1400 series, but it's
overkill for home use.

HTH,

Mark L. Decker
Rainfinity