Re: [FW1] FW-1 and RedHat 6.2?

I need more than to imitate floodgate, I want to share state information!

But from what I read, there isn't a technical reason why FW-1 and ipchains
won't work.

I have two ix86 machines ordered to perform HA, load balancing, and QoS.

It is one of my main tasks for the next few days.

On Tue, 2 Jan 2001, Mike Thomi wrote:

> Hi Paul
>
> It depends on the knowledge of the "how to use ipchains"...
> Think...if you have troubles with the fw-1 and want to debug it... perhaps
> there are more possibilities which will make you craze..
> (I'd prefer using a kernel without any other special network option)
>
> BUT I already thought about Stuff  like cbq / QoS but haven't had the time
> yet to check this out. (for easy rules you could possible imitate
> floodgate....)
>
> regards,
> mike

HEY!  I'm a guy like me!