Re: [FW1] Fw: Firewall Synch

Hello Maureen

> What do I need to configure for two firewalls to synchronize their
> state table without stonebeat or any other third-party softwares?

I have gotten only the old version sync to work and that was by creating
on both machines
the file sync.conf in $FWDIR/conf
with these lines:

(machine1 is 10.0.10.1 and machine2 is 10.0.10.2)

on machine1:
--- begin sync.conf ---
SyncMode=TCP sync
10.0.10.2
--- end sync.conf ---

on machine2:
--- begin sync.conf ---
SyncMode=TCP sync
10.0.10.1
--- end sync.conf ---

and after bouncing both firewalls, it should say in both machines
$FWDIR/log/fwd.elg logfiles
that he is connected to sync server on the other end :)

Mario Kadastik
CCSE
Estonian Telecommunications Co Ltd