[FW1] No upgrade path...

Hi Greg.   I had the exact same problem going from 4.1 SP2 to SP3 and
also got the run around by Checkpoint tech support.   I consider them
worse than useless... rather than admitting that they do not know,
they make answers up.

Below is a copy of an earlier message I posted here about the problem.

What is boils down to is that you can just stick fwdtmquery.dll into
your \lib folder and it will probably fix your problem.    if you do
not have this file (I don't know if it would be on your 4.1 CD),
email me and I will send it to you.

here's my original post:

---------------------

Hi folks.  Thought I'd share this with you in case anyone else has
these troubles:

After doing fresh install of VPN/FW-1 4.1 SP3 on NT, I was getting
dtm_query_init: failed to load DTMQuery DLL fwdtmquery.dll error
messages.

I figured that it had to do with desktop security policies, but was
unable to find any solutions to this anywhere.  I then noticed a
FWdtm-41 folder on my Checkpoint 2000 CD and decided to go ahead and
install it.   This got rid of the DTMQuery errors, but I then started
to get

fwauthd: unable to load polsrvd: authentication services unavailble.

In polsrvd.elg I found an error about having no license for it.

Finally in desperation I called Checkpoint and used up one of my CCSA
support incidents for the privilege of talking to an authentic
Checkpoint technician who kept me on hold for most of the call.

What it all came down to was:

 - she did not know why my firewall module was trying to load
dtm_query
 - the polsrvd errors were because I needed a 'src' license for
secureclient.
 - she told me that the solution was for her to email me
fwdtmquery.dll and put it in my lib folder.

In the end, I left that FWdtm-41 program installed and just removed
the polsrvd line from my fwauthd.conf file.  I am no longer getting
any error messages.

turambar386