RE: [FW1] Strange Log Entry

Title: Strange Log Entry
Perhaps you have users that have modems that they use to connect to the Internet?
-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2001 6:35 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW1] Strange Log Entry

I'm looking through my FW1 log because our T1 is up and running, but we can't seem to get to the Internet, except email. I'm seeing entries in the log such as:

        Source          Destination
        t130.uia.net    msnbc.com

The source is not from our network and the destination is not to our network, so why the heck would that source be coming to us to get to msnbc?  BTW, uia.net is our ISP.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Michelle
_____________________
Michelle Johnston, MCSE4, CNE5
Network Manager, NHRA

Gruntal & Co., L.L.C.'s e-mail system is for business purposes only.
Messages are not confidential. All e-mail may be reviewed by
authorized supervisors, compliance or internal audit personnel.
E-mail will be archived for at least three years and may be produced
to regulatory agencies or others with a legal right to access such
information. Gruntal will not accept trade order instructions via
e-mail. Please telephone your Account Executive to place trade orders.

Gruntal & Co., L.L.C.