[FW1] allow "MSN Messenger Service" thru the firewall

I've been scanning the log for a period of time to find out, which services
are used.

How do I explicitly allow "MSN Messenger Service" thru the firewall? As a
service in the log it's only described as "1863" and it uses a wide range of
ports.

Furthermore am I right in assuming that it's enough to search the "log" for
connections I want to allow thru or should I also scan the "active"?

Kim S. Lohse, CCSA
Security & System Administrator

Sreg.Com A/S
Ragnagade 7 · DK-2100 Copenhagen · Denmark

Phone  +45 7015 0111
Fax    +45 3915 0511
Direct +45 3915 0541
Mobile +45 2070 7012