RE: [FW1] NATing the Management Server

You can use unroutable address on management server to control remote FM.
However, setting that up is not that straight forward.
What you need to do is
- Configure NAT for management server and make sure connection can be
established.
- In the masters file of the FM, put valid IP address first AND in the next
line put internal address as well. Alternatively, you can modify control.map
to copy and paste MASTERS line and change the word MASTERS to internal IP
address.
- Run putkey on both sides. Remember that you need to designate internal IP
address in doing putkey on FM

Sounds like complicated? But it should work.

Sun Yu, CISSP
Lucent Worldwide Services