RE: [FW1] NATing the Management Server

Let me try to help here...

You can license the mgmt station under the invalid address.

However, you will need to do the following to get authentication between the
Mgmt server and the remote FW module working:

Assuming you are starting fresh...

0. do an $FWDIR/bin/fwstop on the remote fw module and mgmt module

1. on the fw module:

-edit $FWDIR/conf/masters file and add the invalid IP of the managment
module
-edit $FWDIR/lib/control.map file;copy the MASTERS line and paste a new line
above existing MASTERS line;rename "MASTERS" to the invalid IP of the
management server

2. on the management:

-edit $FWDIR/clients file and add the IP of the remote module
-do an $FWDIR/bin/fw putkey -p <pass> <fw module ip>

3.
-do an $FWDIR/bin/fwstart on mgmt module
-do an $FWDIR/bin/fwstart on fw module

...make sure not to use the "-n <ip>" option when doing the "fw
putkey"...else things won't work...

If you are not starting fresh... you may need to remove some files; because
re-doing putkeys doesn't work at times...   ;)

...also, I don't remember if you also need the valid IP of the  mgmt station
on the fw module's $FWDIR/conf/masters file or not...

Hope this helps...

Amin Tora
ePlus Technology
http://www.eplus.com

This message may contain confidential and/or proprietary information, and is
intended only for the person / entity to whom it was originally destined.
The use of this information and unauthorized access to this information for
any other means is strictly prohibited.  The content of this message may
also contain private views and opinions that do not constitute a formal
disclosure or commitment unless specifically stated.