RE: [FW1] Home/Office NAT range conflicts

But wait...

Although what I posted below alleviates the overlapping home network issue,
Jeff Jarmoc's issue is valid: if your SR client has an address that it
believes to be inside the encryption domain, it will never try to encrypt
the traffic.  So, although you won't need to ensure that the remote networks
are unique from each other, you will need to ensure that none of the home
networks overlap your internal networks.

BTW, the information for IP Pool NAT is actually included with the 4.1 OEM
docs (Checkpoint Virutal Private Networks - VPN.pdf pp.247-250).  You must
also make sure to ARP the addresses of the IP Pool to your internal firewall
interface (published arp on *nix, local.arp on NT)

HTSH (Hope That Still Helps :)

Dan Hitchcock
Network [email protected]
Xylo, Inc.
The work/life solution for corporate thought leaders