[FW1] "log server 127.0.0.1 went down" error

Hi all,

My firewall continues to Dr. Watson during LDAP authentication calls (we use 4.1 SP3 on NT 4.0 SP6 with Novell 5 LDAP authentication).  I've been trying to attribute the Dr. Watson's with the version of Novell I'm using (Checkpoint outlines how to do it with 5.1, NDS 8 - which I'm not using).

Regardless, my log appears with these errors:

"log server 127.0.0.1 went down"

and then

ELA_SERVER     "message:  redirected 2 logs to local log file ela...."

Any idea what is causing this?  We are not using any third party UFP/CVP products - just the rule base.

Thanks in advance.

Rodney Lacroix