Re: [FW1] NBT and NAT

Walter Muller wrote:
> Is it possible to connect to an  NT file share,  when the file
> server is subject to NAT via a checkpoint firewall. ?
>
> I can't seem to get it to work, and have read conflicting views
> on the issue.
>
> If the answer is no, because checkpoint NAT breaks NBT,  is
> there a NAT product that will support NBT  ?

Afaik, any router will break NBT unless you have a WINS server set up.
So, the first question will be.. have ya?

We're using SR to connect to network shares, but our office network
isn't NAT:ed, only the SR clients hiding behind ADSL routers. Using SR
and UDP encapsulation, I can access the office servers (which all have
valid IP addresses) from a private (NAT:ed) network, but I have no
experience of the other way around.

hth,

     /Johan