[FW1] Floodgate-1 stories?

This maybe a no-brainer for some, but my boss asked me today to take a look
at Floodgate-1 for our site. I went to Checkpoint's site and read all the
material they had about it there so I have a basic idea of what it does, but
a couple more questions if I may?

1) Does this get installed right onto the the management server as well as
the firewall module itself?

2) Have you liked the product and seen a performance increase with it?

3) Noted any instabilities after installation?

4) Does it significantly increase system requirements over just the FW
module itself?

5) Did you find the included graphical realtime traffic monitor to be
helpful in creating your policy? Can this be run from any machine currently
running the GUI, or only from the management server or FW module?

Thanks for any opinions or stories, good or bad!

Ian