Re: [FW1] Multicast MAC problem on Stonebeat fullcluster

You need to enable the multicast mac to traverse your switches and trunk
links.  This can be done either with IGMP snooping (consult your alteon
docs) or with a static multicast mapping on all poprts to which firewalls
are connected as well as the trunk links between your switches.

The flooding is essentially the nature of the beast.  Without it, all
firewalls participating in the cluster would not receive the
multicast datagrams as they cross the switch to the firewalls.  You can
restrict it by doing some form of the above.  This does however, pose
limitations on the overall throughput of the firewall cluster as the
maximum will never exceed the capacity of a single interface.

Peter Lukas