[FW1] CPMAD

Hello,

I am trying to test the operation of CPMAD. However, I am not seeing it operate at all.

I have two situations.

In the first situation I have an integrated firewall, both enforcement and management module on the same machine. The firewall is a Nokia 330.

I have turned on CPMAD through the cpmad_config.conf file and upped the memory to 100000, and restarted the firewall.

Now I see no cpmad process. I actually had to restart this firewall a couple of times and the first time I saw it say it was starting cpmad, but I no longer see that message.

I do see a cpmad.err file in the $FWDIR/log directory but it is empty.

Do I simply need to increase the memory allocation in cpmad_config.conf?

I don't need any additional licensing for this do I?

In the second situation I have two Nokia's load balancing via VRRP and a management station running on solaris. I also have the firewalls sending their logs to a CLM on another solaris server.

Here again I am seeing the same problems. No activity at all.

Do I need to configure the cpmad_config.conf on the enforcement modules or just the management station or do I edit the cpmad_config.conf on the CLM?

Do I need to edit cpmad_opsec.conf at all on any of the modules (enforcement, management, log)?

MikeCC http://atrek.org/mikecc