Re: RE: [FW1] ICMP Stateful or NOT ?

In 4.1 SP3 there is no ICMP group... and to the best of my memory there
never has been.. going back to 3.0b ..... I vaguely remember 2.5 and never
saw 1.1

If you "turn on" ICMP in Policy Properties your rule looks like:

any any ICMP accept

Unfortunately with an implied psuedo rule there is no way to discriminate
"which: ICMP service you are allowing through, right ? (unless you start
hacking the Objects.c file)

If you look into the objects.c file you will see that when you turn on ALLOW
ICMP, you are letting 13 types of ICMP pass right on through your FW.
That is why it is now turned off by default, as of 4.1

ICMP proto has the match entry set to "1"
  : (icmp-proto
   :type (icmp)
   :exp (1)
   :inexp ()