[FW1] Open Security Extension and syslog

While running an eval license on our management station, we were able to
redirect syslog messages from all our routers, switches, and nokia
firewalls to the management server. All the syslog entries appeared in the
FW-1 log. After installing a permanent license, that stopped, and after
doing some reading, I learned that this is a feature of the "Open Security
Extension," which also provides the ability to manage access lists on
routers and switches, bla bla bla.

The only part of this that we need is the syslog service. Does anyone know
how the licensing works with the OSE? I don't think I can justify a
five-figure pricetag for syslog (the price for the "unlimited" package).

Dave Grabowski
System Arts, [email protected]