[FW1] Re: SecureCom -PDS 2100 / Firewall-1 Small Office

Niko

I've had no luck buying FW-1 Small Office - it
appears to be vaporware. I had been trying to buy
it since December. I've seen several people
looking for info but not a single review of
the product, so I gave up in the end.

Intrusion.com don't return phone calls and email
to their sales people bounces. I called Ramp last
month and they said that a) they aren't shipping yet
b) VPN isn't included in the feature set (it's an
extra charge option which ships later this year) and
c) you need FW-1 to administer each box, which is
no use to me since many of my sites will need local
GUI's. Needless to say I gave up at this point - it's
certainly not the solution which I had hoped for.

I ended up buying several dozen of the WatchGuard
SOHO's and they arrived this week. Their VPN Manager
product is very good - CheckPoint could learn
something from WatchGuard!

Cheers,

Ash

From: [email protected] Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 09:37:11 +0200 Subject: [FW1] SecureCom -PDS 2100

Hi all,

Has anyone had any experience with this product ? Any info would be great.

Thanks Niko