Re: [FW1] Static translation

HI,
supposing that you have a system under NT, the local.arp looks correct.

- Is it in $FWDIR\state\   ?
- Have you published the MAC-Address like 00-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx? It's different to Unix
with 00:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
- Are you using Version 4.0? Some releases of this version hat difficulties with the
ARP-Proxy.

Best regards
Matthias

Tomas Norum wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm having trouble getting my NAT to work. I'm using Static dest. and source
> mode, trying to hide one spesific server adress. Everything seems to work
> fine, until the external machine sends an ARP request to my server's legal
> IP address. The firewall(witch is in the same network as the external
> machine) is supposed to answer with an ARP reply (with the MAC adress of the
> firewalls external NIC), but this never happens. I've published the IP
> address in local.arp on the gateway(IP<tab>MAC).
>
> Does anyone know what is wrong or missing here?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
>  -----------------------------------------------------------
> Tomas Norum                  *  Secure Group AS
> Consultant                   *  Box 172, Strandveien 13, 1325 Lysaker
> Cell: +*  Phone: +>                              *  Fax:   +>
> Denne e-post er kun beregnet for den person den er rettet til. I tilfelle
> feiloverføring/feilsending bes De vennligst tilintetgjøre e-posten og
> eventuelle vedlegg, og kontakte avsender pr. e-post eller ringe 67 12 97 00.
> Enhver bruk av informasjonen i sendingen er i et slikt tilfelle ulovlig.
>
> This e-mail is intended for the above addressees only. In case of incorrect
> transmission, please destroy the e-mail and any received document and
> contact the person who has sent it by e-mail or phone number (+47) 67 12 97
> 00.
> If you are not the right recipient, you have received this e-mail by
> error and any use of the e-mail and its content is strictly prohibited.

begin:vcard
n:Leu;Dr. Matthias
tel;cell:tel;fax:+49 8102 895 199
tel;work:+49 8102 895 190
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:AERAsec Network Services and Security GmbH
adr:;;Wagenberger Strasse 1;D-85662;Hohenbrunn;;
version:2.1
email;internet:[email protected]
fn:Dr. Matthias Leu
end:vcard