From: Jeff Ensminger [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2001 2:39 AM
To: '[email protected]'
Subject: [FW1] fw-1 log shows accepted http request, but web page does not
reso lve

This may be a simple one for some. Perhaps I am overlooking the obvious. I
have been all through Phoneboy's site already.

On my NT webserver I have a site that can be accessed (internally) through
an exclusive private ip of 192.168.0.156.
In the arp file on the fw-1, I have the necessary entry for an exclusive
public ip to the ext nic.
I have created a network object to translate the public ip to the private
one.
I have created the necessary rules to allow for http service in and outbound
with respect to the network object.

But when I try to browse to the site from outside the fw-1 (by ip address),
I receive a "page cannot be displayed" error, yet the log shows that
translation DID OCCUR from one ip to the other and that access WAS granted,
per the appropriate rules. What am I missing here?

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated!

Jeff   "Gus"   Ensminger
Network Administrator
RGI Marketing Group, inc.
Orlando, FLext. 104