RE: [FW1] SecRemote problem?

Hi Guys,

I too have this problem and it's an open TT with checkpoint.

The platform is CP2000, SP3 on NT using IKE or FWZ encryption with IP NAT
pools.

You have to use IP NAT Pools or the reply can go out through a different
gateway which can cause routing problems.

>From the logs I can see
	An incoming ICMP decrypt
	The addresses NAT correctly
	The traffic hits the internal router
	The internal router responds to the firewall
	The firewall UN-NAT's the traffic
	The firewall DROP's the outbound ICMP.

The best answer so far from CP is to enable ICMP using their "any-any" ICMP
function which is not really any use. The big problem is why ICMP is being
ignored from the "users -> internal nets for any"

If only they would implement stateful ICMP ...

Note that just because ICMP is not running doesn't normally affect the VPN -
we have hundreds of users VPN'ing in correctly, it just makes it very
difficult for the support teams to diagnose problems.

Regards

Tim