Re: [FW1] IPSO 3.3 (in)compatibilities

On Tue, Jan 23, 2001 at 12:28:54PM -0000, Roelandts, Guy wrote:
:   We will install 4 Nokias with IPSO 3.3, flows disabled ... as SP3
:  is not yet available, we will install them with CP 4.1-SP2 and some
:  hot fixes found in resolution 3701 on the Nokia site.

By the way - if you've just recently downloaded the fw1 packages
for IPSO 3.3, check and see if you've got build 24.1, which has the
fixes rolled in.  I'm curious as to why you've got flows disabled..

:   As two of the 4 boxes will use VRRP, we'll need a separate Management
:  Server, we will run this on Nt 4 ... can I install CP 4.1-Sp3 or
:  should I stay at SP2 ?

Stay on SP2 - the only vulnerability you could experience is regarding
fast mode, so make sure you don't turn it on.  SP3 is due out for Nokia
soon.

:   Last question, what version of the SecuRemote should we use with those
:  Nokias ?? Last one 4174, or previous one 4166 (W2k) and 4165 ??

I'd go with the latest.  Of course, don't unleash software on an unwitting
user community without testing it first.. :-)

--
Jason Costomiris <><           |  Technologist, geek, human.