Re: [FW1] Provider-1

On Tue, 23 Jan 2001, Andrea Gatti wrote:

> Hi,
>
> has anybody implemented Provider-1?
> I guess I have to give a pubblic address to every cma and put it in the
> Master tab on the firewall module.
> Isn't this a waste of IP addresses?

I'm working on investigating Provider-1 with a view to implementation
later in the year, and had also noticed that.

However, if you can use a VPN type layout, perhaps you could use private
IP addresses?

-- Michael "Soruk" McConnell                       [Eridani Linux 6.3 Now!]
Eridani Linux  --  The Most Up-to-Date Red Hat-based Linux CDROMs Available
Email: [email protected]  http://www.eridani.co.uk   Fax: +44-8701-600807
   *** I am not a number! .....um... except for my IP address... ***