[FW1] Using Nokia IP650 as Enterprise firewall??

Hi there,

We are currently using Firewall-1 on a Sun Ultra 2 machine.  We have about
2000 workstations and servers behind it.  During the peak period of the
day, we have about 1000 to 1500 connection in the Firewall-1 's Active
session table.  We use both static NAT and hide NAT.  So far, the firewall
machine is doing well and we doesn't notice any load problem.

Now, my question is if you think the Nokia IP650 (or the IP440) would have
sufficient (CPU, memory, etc.) capacity to replace the Sun Ultra 2 and
handle the current load?  Better?

Another question is if the VRRP is only available for the Nokia setup, and
not for the Sun Ultra 2 machine?  I guess my question is if the Checkpoint
VRRP solution are built at the Firewall-1 software or at the hardware
(Nokia) platform.

Thanks in advance.

-raymond