RE: [FW1] If a single firewall with 3 NIC's a considered a DMZ?

Well depends on how you look at things.

With Checkpoint FW-1 even you have 3 NICs you can look something like:

internet-fw-dmz
internet-fw-internal
internal-fw-dmz
dmz-fw-internal

so every connection between NICs actually goes trough firewall. (That is
why you have Inbound, Outbound, Eitherbound applied rules for packets.)

What I am trying to say is: packets traversing from one interface to
another has to pass firewall. So you actually have sort of 3 firewalls
(one between each card).

Regards,
	Iztok