RE: [FW1] local.arp file and Windows 2000

Does anyone know of anymore "gotcha" w/ W2K and Checkpoint 2K SP3?
-----Original Message-----
From: J Michael Graham [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Sunday, January 28, 2001 10:26 PM
To: Checkpoint FW-1 List
Subject: Re: [FW1] local.arp file and Windows 2000

Local.arp plain doesn't work with Win2K. I haven't tried out FW-1 on win2k yet, but I would assume that you should build routing rules instead, as its routing service is very robust (at least, very robust for Windows). As a gateway router or VPN/NAT gateway, 2K does quite well, with a clearly defined and cleanly running rulebase. If anyone has any experience using 2K's IPSecPol filters for packet control before FW-1's rulebase sees them, I'd be quite interested to hear about it.

Graham