Re: [FW1] SunUltra10: error while booting?!

Patrick,

This can occur when you're loading Solaris 2.6 and the
processors are 400MHz or faster. You may also see
problems with the network interfaces not correctly
syncing to the proper port speed.

What you will need to do is to boot from the Operating
Environment Installation CD, May 1999 or later, and
then, when prompted, put in the Solaris 2.6 HW 5/98
CD.

Steve

Patrick Koehne wrote:

> eSafe Gateway(tm) has scanned this mail for viruses, vandals and
> suspicious attachments and has found it to be CLEAN.
>
> Hi All
>
> I'm trying to set up a sun ultra 10 with solaris 2.6 (5.6).
> Since then I'm getting the following keyboard error and the keyboard is
> wrongly defined under solaris afterwards.
>
> loadkeys: ioctl(KIOCLAYOUT): Timer expired
>
> Does someone know what that says and why? Has it to do with solaris 2.6? I
> think before it was 2.5 and everything was fine?!
> And it's not the keyboard. I changed at least 3 keyboards, which are ok.
>
> Btw: Is it possible to just change the harddisc in a SunUltra10? Or do I
> have to make changes in some kind of Bios? And if yes, where and how? Or
> does someone know where to find some doku about it? Looks like it's just a
> simple IDE-disc...
>
> Bye Patrick

Steven Lee, CISSPSenior Network Security EngineerFAX
AVCOM Technologies, IncPager
4636 E Marginal Way S, Ste B-100   http://www.avcom.com
Seattle, WA 98134-2383             mailto:[email protected]