From the Start menu, click Run.
Type regedt32.exe or regedit.exe, and then click OK.
In a registry editor, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SYSTEM \CurrentControlSet \Services \Tcpip \Parameters
Select the IPEnableRouter entry.
To enable IP routing for all network connections installed and used by this computer, assign a value of 1. To do this in regedit.exe, right-click the entry, and then click Modify. In regedt32.exe, click on the wanted entry, click on Edit, and then click on the appropriate menu choice.

Close the registry editor.
Caution Do not use a registry editor to edit the registry directly unless you have no alternative.
Regards
Myles

-----Original Message-----
From: Gino Guidi (SD) [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: 31 January 2001 15:42
To: '[email protected]'
Subject: RE: [FW1] Windows 2000

Routing in Windows 2000 is much more complex than just enabling IP forwarding. I don't even think there is an IP forwarding checkbox. In order to get Windows 2000 to route you have to configure the machine as a router using The Routing and Remote Access Service. The Management Interface is just another SNAP-IN that you can add to the Microsoft Management Console(MMC).  If you need any more help with the Windows 2000 routing setup you can e-mail me directly.

Gino Pietro Guidi
Network Engineer
@The Costar Group/COMPS