From: David E. Hoobler Jr. [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2001 2:09 PM
To: FW-1 Mailing List (E-Mail)
Subject: [FW1] SecuRemote and Split/Encrypted DNS

I have Firewall-1 version 4.1 SP1.  I have added #define ENCDNS to the
crypt.def file.  I have created the dnsinfo.C file.  I have made the
:dns_xlate and :dns_encrypt entries in the userc.C file on the client.  I
have bounced the firewall, re-installed the security policy and downloaded
the key to the client.

When using SecuRemote version 4.1 SP 3 build 4174, dnsinfo does not get
downloaded to the userc.C file.  I have checked the dnsinfo.C file, found
the typo's, corrected them, bounced the firewall, installed the security
policy again and updated the site on the client.  It still does not work.  I
have three questions.  1) Are there any diagnostic tools or log files built
into FW-1 to figure out where the failure exists?  2) Are there any known
issues with SecuRemote build 4174?  3) Could Checkpoint have made this any
more difficult?

Thanks in advance
David Hoobler