[FW1] SecuRemote can't exchange keys w/VPN-1

Here are the details:

VPN-1 4.1 SP1 on NT 4.0 Server(SP6a)
Eval License
SecuRemote build 4174

I cannot get SecuRemote to authenticate with the firewall.  I can do a
topology update but when I enter the username/password in SecuRemote, it
says "Exchanging Keys with Firewall" and times out with a "Firewall did not
answer" error message.

I was on my way to trying Hybrid IKE authentication...I have already created
the CA and the certificate.
I have searched through saved emails from this list for the past year and
have not found a solution.

Encryption Domain is created; Exportable for SecuRemote is checked
FW responds to unauthenticated topology requests
FW object is configured with IKE (Pre-Shared Secret) and FWZ (Keys
generated, FWZ encapsulate)
User is created with IKE authentication (password); user is in the SR group
Rule is S: SRgroup@any   D: Encryption Domain   Ser: Any   Act: Client
Encrypt
Client Encrypt properties NOT checked for "...desktop configuration
options..."

I need help on this.  I think my Checkpoint Gold support expired.

Thanks in advance!

Paul Mills
CCSA, CCSE
Data Security Analyst-Firewalls