Re: [FW1] From 4.0 to 4.1

Casey,

Read past posted about upgrading. Several folks have
asked me, and I have posted replies.

In short:

- get all your v4.1 licenses BEFORE you do anything
else -- for all your CP products (FW1, SecuRemote,
etc)

- Use the "InstallU" program on the 4.1 CD to upgrade.
It does everything for you. It asks some typical FW1
questions

- If you will need backward compatibility, then there
are certain things you must do, and/or cannot do. I
did NOT need it, so my upgrade was "easy". If you do
need it, check all documentation about any special
provisions. I cannot help you with backward
compatibility -- as I did not need it.

- Verify your anti-spoofing rules are correct after
upgrading. If I recall correctly, my upgrade
un-enabled my spoofing protection. It was easy to fix,
but just be aware of this

- make any changes to base.def or objects.C that you
had in the past to the new files, as the upgrade will
not add any customizations you made in v4.0

- Re-install your firewall policy after the upgrade --
this is *required* before it will work properly

HTH -- Chris