RE: RE: [FW1] NT / Secure Remote with multiple adapters

Wendy-

	This is what I found to work for us, I do not know if any or all of
it will apply in your situation.

In working with some techs at Gobosh, we were able to find that SecureRemote
does not handle DHCP well when there is more than one NIC in the laptop
(Phoneboy: http://www.phoneboy.com/faq/0080.html).  You can test this by
seeing if you can log onto the NT domain at your office when you assign a
static IP to the laptop.  The way that we got around this problem was to
remove the docking station Ethernet adapter from the Network properties on
the laptop and then instruct the user to plug the laptop directly into the
Ethernet cable when in the docking station, thereby completely bypassing the
docking station NIC.  That way, the laptop only knows about one Ethernet
adapter.  It is kinda ugly, but the Executive officer (read: NOT technical
or happy with changes) that we set this up for seems to be working fine with
just plugging the Ethernet cable into the dongle each morning.

I don't know if I can help much on your dial-in problem, since our dial-in
solution is completely in-house and we hand out our own IP addresses.  All I
did to get around this problem was to add the network block that we hand out
to the Encryption domain on the Firewall.  My understanding of how
SecureRemote works, is that the software will look at the IP address on the
laptop to determine if it is located inside the Encryption domain or not.
SecureRemote will also see if where you are trying to get to (i.e.
www.cisco.com or one of your internal servers) is inside the Encryption
domain.  If it sees that you are trying to get to www.cisco.com, it will not
try to encrypt the traffic.  If it sees that you are trying to get to one of
your internal servers and you are inside the Encryption domain, then it will
not try to encrypt the traffic.  By adding the network block that we hand
out to our dial-in users to the Encryption domain, SecureRemote thinks that
it is inside and doesn't try to encrypt traffic.  I haven't gotten a
definitive on if this is how SecureRemote is designed to work yet, but it
has been my experience in the past and I will continue to assume this until
I hear differently...

Please let me know off-list if this helped you out at all, or if you had any
questions.

-Ed