[FW1] VPN and NAT, a final word

Thanks for everyones response to my previous postings. We were having
problems setting up a VPN between 2 CP FW v4.1, both firewalls were using
Hide NAT to private subnets. Here are the fix-its that it took to get the
VPN running.

1. We were using Automatic Hide rules instead of Manual Hide rules. We
changed this.

2. We were using an illegal private subnet for one of the networks,
192.168.0.0/24. I don't think CP or NT liked this. Regardless of the mask, I
believe CP still interpeted it as a Class B network.

3. We initially had 2 IP addresses bound to the external interface. One was
the IP address that CP was licensed for, and the other was the IP we were
actually using. We re-registered and applied the license for the proper IP
addresses.

Not sure which one of these was the fix-it, but I'm leaning towards #1.

Thanks again!

Jeff Blada, MCSE, CCNA, CCA
Senior Network Technician