From: Roman Serbski [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2001 23.43
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW1] port forwarding

Hi all!

Sorry if this question is FAQ but I still do not have any idea how to do
it...
My question is about transparent proxy and port forwarding. Please, tell me
in general - IS IT POSSIBLE to redirect ports?
I used FreeBSD + ipfw + Squid (configured to be a transparent proxy) with no
problems at all. After switching to Solaris+Checkpoint I couldn't find any
<redirect> or <forward> actions.
My configuration: Solaris 5.7, FW1 4.1 SP4.

I couldn't buy any smart switch or third-party high-intellectual router to
set it before firewall. All I have is Solaris+Checkpoint router and Squid
(with transparent
proxy support).

Any suggestions?

Thank you a lot!