-----Original Message-----
From: Toolkas
Sent: Monday, July 16, 2001 9:45 AM
To: [email protected];

I have heard through the grapevine that Nokia is
end-of-lifing the IP440 and also that Nokia and
Checkpoint are somewhat at war with support for new
Nokia platforms going forward.  This bolstered by the
mention of a new VPN appliance maker involved despite
Nokia's "exclusive" appliance deal with Checkpoint.

I own 2 440s and was about to order 2 more, but I'd
like to know if others have heard this as well or if
its just a hoax.

IMO, nokia brings alot to checkpoints offerings, and
without Nokia in the picture, with checkpoints poor
(yet expensive) support I may be looking at new
platforms.

Thanks