Re: [FW1] What is wong with this mailinglist!!!!

On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 04:17:41PM -0400, Zeltser, Roman wrote:

> I use Outlook with a filtering rule to delete all "Out of Office" messages.
> So far, it is the only a solution if you use the same e-mail client.

Sending 107 lines of garbage because you want to add a two-line comment
is just on the same level as auto-replying to conference posts.

My solution to the problem was simply installing a rule on our
mailserver which blocks any e-mail that contains
/^Subject:.*AutoReply.*\[FW1\]/
or a few similar regular expressions. It works great for all our users
at the same time, and yet it allows other auto-replies without problems.

Btw, I don't understand what you meant by the second line of your
comment. Were you by any chance trying to say that Outlook was the only
mail client that can filter messages?

Regards,

Hanus Adler