[FW1] Metaframe over VPN = Fixed!

Well, if you remember, I was having problems with keeping VPN
connections to my Metaframe during policy installs.   When a policy
was installed, all VPN connections to the Metaframe server were
dropped.   Worse, the Metaframe server then ceased to accept any
TCP/IP connections - even from within the LAN - until it was rebooted.

It took many emails to a Checkpoint rep, but I finally appear to have
a working solution.    CP advised me to add the following to the props
section of objects.c:

:tcpestb_grace_period (40)

Apparently what this does is allow a 40 second grace period after
policy installs for incoming NON-SYN connections to be compared to the
rule base if the connection table has been purged.  It worked like a
charm.

The CP rep assures me that there is no security compromise with doing
this.  I'm not sure I necessarily believe him, but if it only opens a
40 second window after policy installs where we might be slightly
vulnerable, I think I'm willing to use it.

Hope someone finds this useful.

TT

turambar386