Re: [FW-1] [fw1] 3 Nics, two internal, one external, translation table not w orking in order

>     Have a question,
>
> I have a NT Fwall with 3 nics..  two internal, one external.  Translation
> rulebase looks like this:
>
> 1. INTERNALNETWORKS       INTERNALNETWORKS        Any    ORIG    ORIG
>

> 2. INTERNALNETWORK1        ANY        FWHIDE1    ORIG
>
> 3. INTERNALNETWORK2        ANY        FWHIDE2    ORIG
>

> internalnetwork1 can initiate communication to internalnetwork2 just fine...
> but internalnetwork2 cannot initiate connection to internalnetwork1...  when
> i look in the log it show internalnetwork2 getting translated by fwhide2
> when talking to internalnetwork1... if I disable translation 3...
> communication works both ways...   I don't get it...  Does it have something
> to do with Licensing??

Nope. It's configuration.

Create a group containing internalnetwork1 and internalnetwork2,
thn Put a rule at the top saying
GroupOfNets  GroupOfNets  Orig Orig (so when a connection is
made from 1 to 2, or from 2 to 1 gets not translated).

It's a routing issue, and i think is described on the manuals.

- Martin.