Re: [FW-1] Problems NATing

Scott,

  If all you need is outgoing connections from your private LAN, you should
 be able to HIDE NAT that subnet behind the address of the Firewall. If you
 need to allow incoming connections then you will need at least a 2d address
 to do STATIC NAT.

  The easiest way to do the HIDE NAT is :

        1. Create an object, of type Network, describing your internal
private
         subnet

        2. In the NAT tab, select the Add Automatic Address Translation
Rules,
        select HIDE as translation method, and use the official Firewall
address
        as the Hiding IP Address, Install it on the Firewall himself.

  That's it.

Met vriendelijke groeten - Bien à vous - Kind regards

Guy ROELANDTS
EMEA GS Internet Expertise Centre - CCSA & CCSE
Compaq Software Engineer - Belgium
E-mail : [email protected]
Tel: +32(02)729.77.44 (options  3 - 3 - 1)
Fax: +32(02)729.77.65

This message may contain confidential and/or proprietary information,
and is intended only for the person/entity to whom it was originally
addressed. The content of this message may contain private views and
opinions which do not constitute a formal disclosure or commitment
unless specifically stated. Should you receive this message by mistake
please inform the sender immediately.