Re: [FW-1] drop, icmp, rule 0 from broadcast? HELP!

Rule 0 logging is controlled in Policy -> Properties.

you can:

A. disable logging of rule 0
B. disable implicit ICMP allow
or
C. disable implicit ICMP allow and control it via manual rules in your
policy.

Chipper

On Fri, 28 Dec 2001, Reed Mohn, Anders wrote:

>Uhh.  aren't "Service", and "Dest. port" meaningless for ICMP?
>
>Anyway, setting up a rule to drop these packets
>is not going to solve the problem, just hide it.
>
>I'd get out a packet sniffer, and try to trace down
>the source ASAP.
>
>The "allow broadcasts"-setting only specifies whether
>the broadcast address is regarded as a valid
>IP-address for that particular network.
>In other words, if it's on (allowed), any packets to/from it
>will be allowed, and must be stopped by other rules.
>If it's off, they will be stopped (by anti-spoofing checks, I guess).
>In any case, you're gonna see the packets in the logs.
>
>Cheers,

------
                      Please encrypt anything important.
   PGP Key: http://wwwkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x6CFA486D
    temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety " - Benjamin Franklin