Re: [FW-1] FW-1 Logging Inconsistencies

After rotating the fw-1 log I convert it to ascii and not a CSL.
However if you look at the format of the log entries most are in
the form key / data pairs. Just what hashes are for.

What I do is throw away what I don't want in the log entry, make
sure that everything else is in key / data pairs (this is very
easy with perl). For example I change qfe0 to 'interface qfe0'.
Once the log entry has been massaged in this way you can use a
little perl magic:

        %Record = split; # Assuming massaged record in $_

fw-1 log records are bound to be different as icmp has no src / dst
port asscociated with it. By using a hash you extract everything you
need. You can then print out what you need as a CSL from whats in
the hash. For example for icmp you could output icmp-type and icmp-code
instead of the ports used for tcp/udp. Assuming your spreadsheet has
a column for protocol you would see icmp and know that entries were
not ports but the icmp type and code.