From: Bill Osterman [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2002 12:20 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [FW-1] DNS TCP

Don, I stand corrected on some of the details.  I did not necessarily mean
to imply that HINFO records are part of the zone transfer process and I
incorrectly stated the poisoning bit.  I was just trying to make people
realize some of the issues surrounding DNS.  I had never considered leaving
one totally outside the protection of a firewall, but I will think about it.

So while I run for cover   ;~}   let me redirect everyones interest and ask
a different question.  How much time does it take for most peoples emails to
reach the mailing list?  Mine takes at least an hour and sometimes as much
as three.  Is that normal for everyone else?