securing it - if they are going to insist that it stays multihomed.

[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Cheth
Cheth
Sent: 27 May 2002 13:13
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [FW-1] slightly OT - multihoming (?)

For my 2c....

This is a VERY BAD practice.

The reason why you use a DMZ for your server(s), rather than leaving
them on your secured internal LAN, is incase it is compromised. Once on
the compromised box on the DMZ, you only get a free go at attacking the
rest of the machines on the DMZ. In your configuration, you get a free
go at all of your precious internal servers.

I had to educate some colleague that had done the same thing a few years
ago.

Regards,

C.