[FW-1] HTTP security server woes... RESOLVED!

Hi all,
        Well, it took a while, but Check Point came through and made the
HTTP security server work as advertised!  I opened up a case with Check
Point support on 7/18/2002.  After a little bit of troubleshooting and
getting a few minor things fixed, it was escalated up the chain on
7/31/2002.  A patch was delivered the same day and I applied it at
3:30pm that afternoon.  It has been running since then without any of
the performance or stability problems that we encountered in the past!
The only complaint I have is that the first "Assistance Center Advisor"
I worked with on the case tried to close it without addressing all of
the issues I was having.  That, and sales people calling me to ask if
I'm going to order stuff before the end of the quarter, are two things
that REALLY get under my skin.  Anywho, if you're running Firewall-1 NG
FP1 and having performance and/or stability problems with the HTTP
security server, call Check Point and ask for the patch to fwssd!  I
wonder why it's not on their web site anywhere...

Thanks,
Abe

--
Abe L. Getchell