[FW-1] FP3 upgrade horror

Dear fellow list members.

Platform: w2ksp2, NGfp2. IBM x220. mgmt+fw1

Today I was trying to upgrade to fp3. During upgrade I got the following message:
Unable to register dlls in d:\fw1\NG\conf\components_reg.conf

It had an OK button and after I pushed this it went on with the rest of the upgrade process.
Reviewing the event log told me that there were some problems:

The system log had hundreds of IPSEC error messages.
System
FW1: -->erc_dont_trap_table
FW1: update_isakmp_user: failed to insert to IPSEC_us-->
FW1: -->erc_dont_trap_table
FW1: update_isakmp_user: failed to insert to IPSEC_us-->
FW1: -->ction for reliable_trap table
FW1: VPN-1: vpn_atomload_do: failed to set expiry fun-->

ok... I rebooted and when I tried to to anything with fw1 I got an error message. Trying "fw stat" or "fw ver" from the command line caused a message box on the screen telling me:
"The procedure entry point sk_new_null could not be located in the dynamic link library cpopenssl.dll.".

I also could not login to management or anything else. The Application log showed the following (repeated lots of times):
cpWatchDog: [INFO] Process FWM (pid = 984) exited with exit_code -1
cpWatchDog: [SUCCESS] FWM started successfuly (pid=984)
cpWatchDog: [INFO] Process FWM (pid = 1536) exited with exit_code -1
cpWatchDog: [SUCCESS] FWM started successfuly (pid=1536)

The system log showed:
Application popup: fw.exe - Entry Point Not Found : The procedure entry point sk_new_null could not be located in the dynamic link library cpopenssl.dll.

I then tried to uninstall FP3 and got the error message:
Unable to register dlls in d:\fw1\NG\conf\components_reg.conf
When I pressed the OK button it continued with this task and I booted.

FP2 actually came up working just as it did before, but I hadn't managed to come any further. I guess I'll have to change OS before trying anything else. As several has pointed out it seems w2k isn't really a appropriate platform for NGfp3. I might try SecurePlatform, but I'm unsure about the IBM hardware management agents there.

Lars