From: Perrymon, Josh L. [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2002 12:32 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW-1] Using WebSense instead of proxy servers

Hello,

I want to setup Websense with my FW-1 installation and phase out the MS proxy servers. Currently we use proxies because they authenticate
our users. ( Some users aren't allowed WWW access and others are)

We use DHCP and have 300-700 users so DENY rules wouldn't be efficient. Is  anyone using Websense/ FW-1 to authenticate users for WWW?
And what problems have you ran into...?  I hear there is an agent you install on your domain controllers to query the users DB..

Thanks

Josh Perrymon
Network Security Consultant
BE&K , INC