Re: [FW1] Multiple Rule Bases

On Thu, Jan 25, 2001 at 10:18:51AM -0800, Shawn Kelly wrote:
: I understand what you saying about configuring the
: rules. However I am managing two different clients
: with different needs. I'd like to be able to segment
: the two clients with different rule bases so when I
: make a change for one client, it does not induce a
: problem for another.

If you require that capability, you need 2 firewalls.  Just make sure
you're charging enough to cover the costs.  Of course, you can just add
an additional fw module, and avoid the extra cost of a 2nd managment
module.

: The other thing that I didn't mention was that the box
: may have more that 4 interfaces to support multiple clients.

If you will be connecting multiple clients on this one firewall, you MUST
configure ONE rulebase that accounts for all possible traffic.  If you
plan your rules wisely, and think about the possible impact of rule changes,
you will be fine.

--
Jason Costomiris <><           |  Technologist, geek, human.