Re: [FW1] why not a bridge?

[email protected] wrote:

> I hate to say this, but... try thinking outside the box!  Just because the
> bridge you bought ten years ago doesn't have the functionallity that I am
> suggesting doesn't mean that it shouldn't be done!  Or tried atleast.
>
> I am not mistaking anything, I just think that it would be more secure if
> the firewall was transparent.

Checkout Sunscreen EFS3.x from Sun. It can work in router and stealth
modes. In stealth mode it is invisible. You just drop it into a subnet.
For me the EFS3.x is a much more secure firewall than fw-1 with most
of the features provided by fw-1. I admin both fw-1 and Sunscreens and
this is just my opinion. I'm in no way connected with Sun.