[FW1] RADIUS Setup

All,

FW-1 4.1 SP3
NT sp6a

RADIUS - W2k IAS

I have defined the following:

 Firewall Object:	Authentication Tab - RADIUS
 I have defined a network object for my RADIUS server (Call it Radius1)
 I have created a RADIUS server object - entered the shared secret
 	- I have selected RADIUS V2.0
 I have created a RADIUS Group object, and placed the above RADIUS Server
object in it.

 I have created the generic* user, added RADIUS, with my RADIUSServer group.
I have added the generic* user to the appropriate SR group for rule
definition.

 I have unchecked the 'allow fw-1, blah, blah connections' in the properties
pane and have defined the appropriate connection rules manually
(topo,key,IKE,mgmt, etc...->they all work)

 Before my stealth rule I have added the following rule:
  FW	Radius1	UDP RADIUS	Accept	Long	SRC

 On the w2k IAS server, I have added the FW object for authentication and
enabled it in active directory.  The server does appear in the RAS & IAS
Servers group.  The user does have RAS access enabled

I get no loggin message on the RADIUS server about authentication even being
attempted, but I get the following in the firewall logs:
  reject rule 0	reason Refused Topology request.  Authentication scheme not
allowed for user.

1 Question, do I need the routing and remote access service running on the
IAS machine?

If I switch to fw-1 password on the firewall object, my SR rules work fine.

Can someone please tell me what I'm missing, I'm going crazy!!!!

thanks in advance.

PDB